CD Projekt RED has just revealed that a new 2GB patch for The Witcher 3: Next-Gen will release today. This patch should pack numerous bug fixes, and perhaps some optimization improvements.
If all goes according to plan, we should be releasing a new patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt later today. The update will be coming to PC/PS5/XSX&S/PS4/XO (roughly 2GB on PC & between 10-20GB on consoles, depending on the SKU & platform). Patch notes will be out along with it.
— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) March 13, 2023
It will be interesting to see whether this update will improve the game’s awful CPU multi-threading capabilities. As we’ve already reported, The Witcher 3: Enhanced Edition relies heavily on one CPU core/thread. Due to this optimization issue, the game is CPU-bound even on high-end PC systems. In February 2023, CDPR claimed that it’s looking into this.
Speaking of The Witcher 3 Next-Gen, you may also want to take a look at the following mods for it. There is currently a cool first-person mod that you can download. Furthermore, Halk Hogan is working on a new version of The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project. And then there is this Reworked Project that improves over 100 characters.
We’ll be sure to update this story with the release notes once the patch is out!
The Witcher 3: Next-Gen Patch 4.02 Release Notes
- Improved CPU core utilization in the DX 12 version.
- Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who had previously turned Ambient Occlusion off will need to do so again. You can find it in Options ? Video ? Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the “My Rewards” section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
- Also fixed an issue related to particle optimization which could result in temporary stuttering.
VISUAL – PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options ? Video ? Graphics.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations – Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective “Let Avallac’h know everything’s ready.”
- Reason of State – Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 – Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.
LOCALIZATION – Available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri’s and Geralt’s Gwent card descriptions.
- Fixed punctuation issues in Arabic localization.
- Updated Traditional Chinese font.