Microids has detailed the Day-1 Update for the upcoming remake of XIII. In addition, the team has revealed some of the improvements that will be coming in future patches, and released a new trailer for the game.
Going into more details, the day-1 patch will fix various crash issues, gameplay bugs and some AI issues. It will also resolve various graphical issues, including some environmental lighting bugs. Additionally, this patch will add a local Multiplayer mode.
Microids has stated that the future patches will improve the framerate in numerous locations. Furthermore, the NPC AI will receive some additional improvements, and some 3D models will be enhanced.
XIII Remake releases later today, and Microids has already provided us with a review code. So yeah, stay tuned for our PC Performance Analysis!
XIII Remake Day-1 Update Release Notes
- Fixed various crash issues
- Fixed various gameplay bugs and issues
- Also fixed various graphical issues
- Fixed and added various UI elements
- Fixed various issues surrounding AI and weapons
- Also fixed various issues when resetting from a checkpoint
- Fixed various UI elements
- Fixed issues with environmental lighting
- Also fixed issues with character and enemy animations
- Fixed VFX issues
- Added Local Multiplayer Mode
- Numerous small balance tweaks to weapon damage values
- Minor difficulty scaling changes
- Tweaks to AI functionality
- Bug Fixes
- Fixes for weapon audio bugs
- Fixes for environmental audio issues
- Adjustments to cutscene audio
KNOWN ISSUES TO BE FIXED WITH INCOMING PATCHES:
Framerate will be improved in the following locations:
- Rooftops – Departure
- Emerald Base – Insertion
- Emerald base – Rescue
- Kellownee Lake – Exploration
- Spads Base – Sabotage, Destruction & Evacuation
- Resolute base – Intrusion
- Sanctuary – Sunset Sanctuary
- SSH1 Base – Forbidden Entry
- NPC AI improvement is planned.
- Will be improved: the player should be able to load his progression at the last checkpoint and with his weapons saved.
- Will be improved in following locations:
- FBI Headquarters (Games crashes when FBI agents kills XIII)
- Spads Base 02 (Game crashes when the character dies in the water)
- Emerald Base 02 (Game crashes when XIII dies 2 times near ladder with electricity.)
- Emerald Base 03 (Game crashes when XIII dies 3 times near electric surrounded area)