Kylotonn Games has released a brand new update for its latest rally racing game, WRC 8. This new patch introduces a number of Career Mode improvements and fixes. For instance, it balances Career Mode, polishes the user interface and no longer shows Quick Play ghosts.
Moreover, it adds an options to change the difficulty at the beginning of each new season, without restarting a career. It also allows players to earn Manufacturer reputation for superior championships categories at the end of each rally and each season depending on the position. Do note that players could previously earn Manufacturer reputation only by completing Manufacturer events.
Furthermore, this patch fixes numerous bugs/issues. For example, it fixes various crashes and the issue where the pacenote timing was inverted. It also polishes the Interface, stages. the water splash effects and the Spectator Mode.
The Epic Games Store launcher will download this patch the next time you launch it. Below you can also find its complete changelog and you can read our PC Performance Analysis here.
WRC 8 October 3rd Update Release Notes
- Fixed the issue where the pacenote timing was inverted.
- Addition of meteorologist and engineer mistakes mails.
- Fixed some crashs.
- Fixed the “Race Master” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
- Fixed the “WRC Champion” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
- Fixed the British nationality name in the DriverCard.
- Fixed the unorthodox path drones and helicopters could take.
- Fixed the rear windscreen sticker location on the Legendary Volkswagen Polo R WRC.
- Fixed the issue where the player’s WRC badge could not be displayed correctly.
- Hard tyres are now forbidden in tryouts.
- On Italy – Sardegna, the RedBull arch has been slightly moved to avoid aerial crashes.
- The Interface has been polished.
- The stages have been polished.
- The water splash effects have been polished.
- The Spectator Mode has been polished.
- The user interface has been polished.
- The Career Mode has been balanced.
- Some Career objectives have been fixed.
- Quick Play ghosts are no longer showed in Career Mode.
- Difficulty can be change at the beginning of each new season, without restarting a career.
- Manufacturer reputation for superior championships categories is now earned at the end of each rally and each season depending on the position.
- Difficulty of Extreme Events has been decreased
- Starting value of manufacturer reputation and threshold of contract proposal has been tweak.