Modder ‘The_Silver’ has released a major new mod for the first Watch Dogs game, called Living City. According to its description, this mod improves and expands the gameplay of the base game with custom missions, random events and new features, which will provide many hours of fun.
As the modder said:
“I’ve created this mod because I love Watch_Dogs, and I wanted to bring new life into it. With so many other mods entirely focused on aesthetics I really felt the lack of something that actually added things to do, rather than to look at. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and starting with no knowledge at all about scripting I spent the last 14 months working on this project, adding entirely new features, many random events, new gameplay mechanics, and new missions to bring my vision to life.”
Below you can find the key features of the Living City mod for Watch Dogs:
- RESTRICTED_AREAS?are red zones patrolled by guards and always active in freeroam where trespassing is prohibited just like you’ve seen in the campaign missions.
- UNLOCKED_INTERIORS?are interior locations that you were able to visit only once during the campaign but that are now always open and explorable at any time.
- RANDOM_EVENTS?are events that spontaneously happens in the game world around you offering new gameplay opportunities that you’re free to engage at will.
- CIVILIAN_HACKS?are new interesting hacks that you can perform on the generic civilians around the city after you profiled them besides the vanilla hacks.
- AMBUSH_CHANCE?is a restored cut feature where hackers breached the fixer contracts so enemies can set up fake contracts to ambush you at contact points.
- CUSTOM_MISSIONS?are new missions available around the city and comparable to the ones in the base game like Gang Hideouts, Criminal Convoys, Human Traffic…
- REPLACE_SCAN?disables the yellow disk scan resulting from a 911 call and replaces it with a police search where cops actually comes to investigate the scene.
- ctOS_CHAOS?allows the Chicago Police Force to use some ctOS hacks like bollards and bridges against you as an extreme measure on the highest difficulty chases.
- FIRST_LOAD?improves the first load of the game providing randomized weather and time of the day, a vehicle nearby if missing, and “out-from-phone” intro camera.
- LIMITED_INVENTORY?limits the weapons you can carry to only 1 for each weapon slot, you can swap them at gunshops or by picking them up from dead enemies.
Those interested can download the mod from here.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”