Quixel announced today that Homebound, their intense, debut space-survival VR title, will be available for gamers to download for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift via Steam on February 16th. In order to celebrate this announcement, Quixel released a new trailer for Homebound that can be viewed below.
Homebound is built as a next-gen experience for VR. It supports the Vive (with motion controllers) as well as the Oculus Rift. It can also be played using gamepad or mouse + keyboard, and supports regular monitors as well.
In Homebound, players take on the role of a brave astronaut facing a series of catastrophic events in the solitude of deep space, with nothing but nerves of steel and the ship’s AI to rely on for guidance. When disaster strikes and the ship, out of control, begins hurtling towards Earth, their one mission is to make it out safely, and as fast as they can.
Here are the key features of Homebound:
- VR Compatibility: Both HTC Vive and Oculus Rift support
- Motion Controller/Gamepad/Mouse+Keyboard Support: Play however you like
- 3 Beautiful Environments: Experience Deep Space, Earth’s atmosphere & Earth
- Intense Gameplay: Not for the faint-hearted, perfect for parties or a daring break from reality
- Freeroam Mode: Fly around and explore the environments at your own pace
- Built with Unreal Engine 4: VR has never been more beautiful