Unity Technologies announced the release of Unity 4.5, available for download now from its official website. This new version of Unity 4 engine corrects over 450 bugs, and comes with a lot of new additions. Furthermore, the new Module Manager provides specific patches to mobile platforms.
The latest version of Unity 4 cycle includes improved 2D physics, a major update to compile the shader, improved serialization MonoBehaviour and adding OpenGL ES 3.0, which supports all the latest versions of iOS.
Unity version 4.5 includes:
- OpenGL ES 3.0 for iOS
- Smooth and more natural 2D physics
- Faster loading of the scene
- Boost workflow Shader
- Quick Fixes
- Drag objects while playing
- API enhancements and added Wheel Seals
- Update the iOS version of Unity Remote
- Automating the construction of stereoscopic content for DirectX 11
- Sparse Texture for finer textures