Good news for all Tomb Raider PC fans as Nixxes has released the first patch for it. This is the same patch that was introduced later this week, but was almost immediately taken down due to some stability issues. According to its changelog, this patch addresses some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware, and comes with small improvements to TressFX hair rendering. We should note that SSAA with TressFX enabled brings a significant hit (after this patch) and Nixxes is investigating on it. You can find the complete changelog below and as with most Steam games, Tomb Raider will be auto-patched next time you launch the Steam client!
Tomb Raider PC Update 1.0.718.4 Changelog:
– Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
– Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
– Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
– Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
– Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
– Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
– Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
– Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
– Various other small fixes.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."