Respawn has detailed the fourth major update for Titanfall that will be released really soon. Ironically, there is still no mention about those promised Nvidia features that were advertised a couple of months ago (and at this point, we’re uncertain whether they will be implemented at all).
According to Respawn, a new game mode will be included and will be called Marked For Death. In Marked For Death, a player on each team will be marked for death and all the other players will have to kill the enemy mark while protecting their teammate.
Respawn also revealed that a new game mode will be introduced via another update and will be called Wingman Last Titan Standing.
Respawn has also made improvements to matchmaking & team balancing. As a result of those improvements, the teams will be rearranged just before the level loads, to further balance the teams’ skill and player counts.
Below you can find the list of bug fixes that will be featured in this fourth update. We also suggest visiting Titanfall’s official website for a complete list of what this new update will bring to the table.
BUG FIXES (All Platforms)
- Fix for no music playing when you join a match late.
- Fix for Sonar Burn Cards not showing during kill replay.
- Fix case for when “Titan Locking”/”Pilot Locking” indicator goes away.
- Fix not being able to rodeo a Titan doing a synced melee kill.
- Corporate: Restored Victory/Defeat music at end of match in Corporate on Campaign.
- Fix for getting stuck in Titan deploying nuclear core and nuclear core not doing full damage when right next to Titan.
- Fix cases where disembarking player directly from a Titan into the dropship leaves that player behind.
- Fixed players not ejecting from where the Titan is if they dash while auto-ejecting.
- Fix for Flyer ragdolls disappearing.
- Fixed cases where punching would make a Titan fly. You might remember this one from being featured on Kotaku.
- Fixed the Smart Pistol being unable to lock-on when the frame rate is low. (Thanks for reporting this one, forums!)
- Fixed the Smart Pistol not being able to hit crawling Spectres.
- Fixed occasional issue where Titan rodeo kills were not counted towards the Brain Surgeon challenge.
- Fixed a case where player jump jet effects would spawn endlessly.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to necksnap a Pilot who is rodeo’ing a Titan.
- Fixed a crash involving Sonar.
- Fixed being popped into Spectre tubes on Corporate after jumping off from a rodeo.
- Fixed water not fogging properly.
- Fixed cloaked players being too visible in heavy fog.
- Fixed satchels skipping doomed state when set off with smoke.
- Fixed hitching and fast forward motion when game has been running for a long time.
- Fixed tearing happening more often than necessary when running close to 60 fps.
BUG FIXES (PC)
Fixed crashes related to fullscreen mode.
Game window supports minimize.
Game minimizes when switched out.
Added very cheap low-quality water technique for min-spec PCs.