The Dedicated W3EE Mod Team has released a brand new version of The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition. In case you weren’t aware of, W3EE is a complete and comprehensive rework of The Witcher 3, offering a much higher quality experience than the original game ever could.
According to the team, the mod was “designed with realism in mind, but in keeping with the spirit of actually having fun in a game, thus keeping tediousness to a minimum while simultaneously trying to offer enticing and somewhat realistic gameplay to the player.” Among the mechanical and gameplay changes, it also offers a myriad of bug fixes that the vanilla game sorely needed. Moreover, it packs a vast options menu where you can tweak most things.
The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition is a great gameplay mod that will change the way you play the game. As such, we strongly suggest using it for your second playthrough.
Version 4.61 redesigns Toxicity, adds bandages that remove stacks of bleed and adds a new sound effect on being blinded. Moreover, it improves tooltips for potions that increase the stack timer for bleed and poison, and allows Witcher senses to work as a toggle.
This new version of The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition also buffs Full Moon and the stats of swords with the Dark Curse effect. Naturally, it also comes with a number of gameplay fixes.
You can download the latest version of W3EE from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition 4.61 Release Notes
- Fixed version number mismatch which didn’t make the options reset to their new defaults.
- Toxicity redesign.
- Added bandages that remove stacks of bleed, these can be crafted without a fire.
- Sarrim’s ability can trigger outside of combat.
- Increased dark curse sword effect timer to 5 seconds.
- Nerfed the djinn a bit so it’s less annoying to fight.
- Metabolic Control changed to Enzymatic Induction.
- Fast Metabolism changed to Adrenal Influence.
- Heightened Tolerance now lowers the chance of toxicity fever triggering.
- Enzymatic Induction changed to Remedial Brew.
- Witcher senses now work as a toggle, is no longer disabled when interacting with things, and doesn’t play a sound when entering/leaving the state.
- Added a new sound effect on being blinded.
- Improved tooltips for potions that increase the stack timer for bleed and poison.
- Kikimore vomit now applies poison stacks.
- Transferring a ton of items to an already full stash no longer causes tinnitus.
- Death screen appears faster.
- Restored the movement speed shuffle feature from previous versions of EE, which is bound to the scroll wheel.
- “Food and Drink” category renamed to “Consumables”.
- Removed the high toxicity drunk effect, there’s only the short low toxicity drunk effect now.
- Horse bags no longer all have the same inventory capacity.
- Full Moon buffed, now increases your vitality up to 35% and increases you injury resistance up to 90%, also costs less toxicity
- Thunderbolt has more armor piercing, and the attack speed debuff stays the same on all levels
- Ingredient quality and type locks are now remembered when exiting the alchemy menu.
- Added an option to disable automatic horse whistling when meditating at a fire.
- Buffed the stats of swords with the Dark Curse effect.
- Fixed bug where whirling in certain bomb clouds would crash the game.
- Fixed ring igni effect not working visually with pyromaniac talent.
- Fixed obliteration 3 effect being canceled on Ultimatum after performing a rend execution.
- Fixed large katakans not having their weather ability.
- Fixed being able to craft gear with 2 of the same ingredient types if you don’t have more than the combined number.
- Fixed a bug where crafting removed more ingredients than it should’ve.
- Fixed enchantments not carrying over when upgrading gear.
- Fixed fistfighters start with low stamina.
- Fixed well of energy mutation not working correctly.
- Fixed clearance potion getting oil and repair bonuses stuck on equipment.
- Fixed some crafted sword quality levels being incorrect.
- Fixed Gremist not having the Wolf Talisman.
- Fixed weird drop rates from Shields, namely gambesons spawning in every treasure.
- Fixed drowners being too resistant to Axii.