Modder ‘SkacikPL’, the man responsible for the first-person mod for The Witcher 3, has informed us about a brand new mod for CD Projekt RED’s RPG. This mod, called Devil’s Pit, introduces unused area of caverns located at the Devil’s Pit quarry along with numerous enhancements to the area and additional content that can be enjoyed within the base game.
SkacikPL has released the first version of his mod, though we do have to note that in this initial release certain aspects of the mod are not finalized yet and some content is still missing/unfinished. In addition, there aren’t any Quests and players cannot interact with Iorveth or Saskia.
Still, this mod looks mighty impressive, at least in our opinion. The Devil’s Pit is inhabited by new NPCs (Thaddeus, Iorveth, Saskia and Victoria), offers players an opportunity to test their skills against a mirror copy of their Geralt, allows players to purchase a mercenary contract from Thaddeus which will oblige Victoria to follow and serve Geralt for as long as he has the contract in his inventory, and comes with its own cooking pot.
Here are the key features of the Devil’s Pit mod.
- Alkaline bomb – Alkaline bomb capable of neutralizing most vicous acids, rendering enemies unable to use acid based attacks.
- Battlemages essence – Potion enhancing stamina for caster builds.
- Bear trap – Popular amongst hunters for hunting bears, can be used against other targets with great results.
- Fine throwing knife – Well balanced throwing knife – lethal weapon if thrown by capable hand.
- Fungi bomb – Bomb containing spores of fast growing fungus that blocks vocal chords of infected targets making them unable to use their voice.
- Glue bomb – Bomb containing resin based compound that sticks to enemies, rendering them unable to fly or move.
- Grappling bolt – Bolt with a hooked end, can be used for quick transportation – nearly useless in combat.
- Invisibility charm – A magical charm which renders its wearer invisible as long as he moves slowly.
- Mule essence – Powerful steroid which temporarily enhances maximum carry weight.
- Plaguebearer – Cursed sword capable of turning fallen foes into undead servants of the wielder.
- Salt bomb – Simple bomb containing salt, useful against spectral enemies, forcing them to take material form.
- Shaving kit – An inexpensive portable shaving kit – handy for any man that spends most of his time on the road.
- Shrapnel bomb – Crude bomb containing hundreds of miniature shrapnels capable of piercing wings of most flying enemies, forcing them to fight on ground. Whilst shrapnels are too small to cause any serious harm, they still can be used to stagger the target.
- Spring trap – Simple explosive tripwire trap, deals damage within 8 metre radius – can trigger other nearby traps within 6 meters.
- Sworddancers essence – Potion enhancing stamina for melee builds.
- Throwing knife – A cheap throwing knife – probably the handle is more lethal than the blade.
- Viper school hood – Article of clothing popular amongst witchers of the Viper school.
- Viper school throwing knife – Throwing knives favored by witchers from the school of Viper – well balanced, sharp and poisonous.
- Virus bomb – Bomb containing virus capable of crippling regenerative abilities of infected targets.
Those interested can download it from here.