Yager, the team behind the amazing Spec Ops: The Line and Dreadnought, has announced that it is working on a new sci-fi first person shooter, called The Cycle. The Cycle will initially come exclusively on the PC and below you can find its first screenshots.
The Cycle is described as a match-based FPS where you compete to fulfill contracts (quests) during a match that lasts approximately 20 minutes. Staying on the planet for longer than that is bad for your health.
Here is what Yager had to say about The Cycle.
“Born from an internal pitching jam, The Cycle has been developed since the start of 2018. We saw great promise in our prototype, which captured a blend of session based FPS matches and quest objectives in an open world, a genre we have dubbed internally as a “Competitive Quester”. Following our prototype, we took what we learned and started full development on The Cycle, with the goal of having closed test sessions as soon as we can. We believe that we are onto something special with The Cycle , and that our experienced team can make our vision a reality. We practice an open development culture, so you can join us on our social media channels and Discord and be part of the journey of bringing The Cycle to players.”
And here are the game’s key features:
- A new Frontier: Explore the world of Fortuna III – a hostile, beautiful new world, full of fortune, alien life, and other players looking to take its riches.
- Storm: The cycle leaves only a narrow window of opportunity – stay too long, and you will be trapped on the planet.
- Pacting: Players can meet on the surface of Fortuna III and join uneasy alliances with one another as they complete contracts
- Black Market: Players have a wide arsenal of weapons and gear available to them, all with different playstyles, that can be purchased during a match
- Crafting: Players can spend their precious credits on creating new gear to take into the next match
- Quests: Shooting may give you an edge – but the best prospectors are those who can take on dangerous jobs for factions during a match
- Customization: A wide selection of gear that players progress through, tailoring their character to their individual playstyle, with more options regularly added
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”