Merge Games today announced the launch of The Book of Legends on Steam. Developed by Aldorlea Games – creators of Millennium, Dreamscape, Moonchild, Undefeated, 3 Stars of Destiny and Asguaard – The Book of Legends is described as an epic 16bit game.
The story, characters and dialogues, developed by Indinera Falls, are immersive and enthralling – a huge stand-alone role playing game, packed full with characters, quests, items and secrets, evocative of the greats of the genre.
Merge Games launches The Book of Legends on Steam today with a number of new features including 40 achievements, badges, trading cards, emoticons and user backgrounds.
Here are the key features of the game:
· More than 30 playable characters – play as the strongest man in the world, a princess, a celebrity, a ghost, a dragon, a demon and even a chicken or a cow.
· More than 125 spells to cast, over 60 weapons and 110 pieces of equipment.
· More than 100 different enemies including extraordinary monsters such as dragons, manticores, demons and ogres.
· More than 300 areas to explore with 50 hours of playtime with a myriad of side quests and secrets.
· 2 different modes – casual and RPG.
· Easy-to-use Quest book and Party Switcher
· Party Splitting
· Variety – your choices affect the game significantly, multiple endings and an exciting story full of twists and witty or hilarious dialogs.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”