Hey helicopters fans. Thought that Bohemia has forgotten you, didn’t you? Well, guess again. The company has just rolled out its new, 1.03 update for it and let us tell you that the changelog is huge. This is the perfect Christmas present for you and as always, the update will be auto-download the next time you start the Steam client. Be sure to check the changelog bellow but take a deep breath first. Ready? Here go then.
Take On Helicopters Update 1.03 Changelog:
* Reduced Ground Effect strength
* Small flight model tweaks
* Heliport character animations
* Czech language support
* Benchmark added1.03 CHANGELOG:
* Reduced extreme ground effect.
* Picture-in-Picture video setting extended to include levels of quality.
Value – Viewing distance (km) – Average time per frame (ms)
Disabled – 0 – 0
Very Low – 1 – 8
Low – 2 – 10
Normal – 4 – 13
High – 6 – 15
Very High – 10 – 22
* Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing (FXAA) support added (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2oa.cfg).
* Better multiplayer support for vehicle doors opening / closing.
* Helicopter animation states could mismatch when running on the server.
* Custom memory allocator support added (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator).
* Ambient traffic was not drawn in PiP RenderTargets.
* There now is zero fuel consumption when only starters are on.
* The engine no longer stops when you take control from the AI on the ground.
* Dedicated server armed helicopter models would change (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26298).ENGINE (MERGED FROM ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead)
*  Improved: Airborne airplanes now rendered in larger distances.
*  Changed: AI airplane always using lights during landing, taxiing and takeoff.
*  Fixed: Lens flares positioned badly when 3D resolution different from 2D resolution.
*  New: Ground effect computed for airplanes (0-10% depending on height)
*  New: Ground effect computed for helicopters (based on http://www.cybercom.net/~copters/aero/ground_effect.html)
*  Fixed: Helicopter autohover was wobbling a lot (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4478)
*  New: Commandline -checkSignatures to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in rpt file.
*  New: -beta=xxxx as alternative to -mod=xxxx to allow using beta files without affecting mod handling.
*  Changed: Mod list configured by ModLauncher is saved inside game config instead of user profile.
*  Added: HitPart event now contains Ammo type name
*  New: Player name validation when editing a profile name.
*  New: Scripting command visiblePosition to obtain object position as visible on screen (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26591)
*  Fixed: Helicopter slow after GET OUT waypoint when CYCLE was used as well.
*  New: Editor: Visual indication of the selected target for CYCLE waypoint.
*  Fixed: Vehicles attached on ships attached to objects sometimes destroyed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26668)
*  Fixed: Cannot manipulate doors after game was aborted with doors in transit. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26702)
*  Fixed: “Direct” chat sometimes not working (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26422)
*  Fixed: Dead body temperature was not saved (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25466)
*  MP: Fixed: When a player was JIP-ing, traffic for all other players was significantly reduced (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26408#note-48)
*  Fixed: Massive network traffic optimization during Join in Progress (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26408#note-48)
*  Fixed: Searchlight turning itself off for non-server clients (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4449)
*  Fixed: Action taking magazine from a backback has sometimes failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25927)
*  Fixed: Gamespy Server signature list contains often twice “bi” (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23752)
*  Improved: MP: Diary statistics not available in MP when NetStats is disabled (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26435)
*  Improved: Dedicated server console now supporting Unicode and long output (using Rich Edit Control).
*  Fixed: Issues with v2 signatures – causing random check to fail (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26323)
*  Changed: AI gunner is no longer firing at friendly units when ordered to target them.
*  Fixed: Locked MP role slots after BattlEye kick.
*  Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released automatically for a player commanded tank (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17458)
*  Fixed: MP: Countermeasures released by AI were multipled by the number of other connected players.
*  Fixed: MP: Loosing gear due to water no longer multiplied for each player (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26162)
*  Improved: Thermal imaging for models with no TI data (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16673)
*  Fixed: Server response unreliable with long keys (e.g. mod lists) (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23389)
*  Fixed: Soldier running instead of crawling through holes (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25348)
*  Fixed: AI without weapon stuck when crouched (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16229)
*  Prevent crouched AI from sprinting (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24405)
* Fixed: helis not slowing down before doMove destination.
* Fixed: helicopters with no waypoint moving slow (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26814).
* Fixed: crash possible when heli was piloted by a unit without a group.
* MP: Init event handler using publicVariable failed.
* Fixed crash with NULL target list (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/26356).
* Fixed: camera simulation of attached objects (first aid animations jumpy).DATA
* Seattle performance benchmark added (Challenges > Benchmark (Seattle)).
* Czech language support added.
* Japanese character support added (not the translation itself).
* More character animations added and implemented into Heliport (de)briefings.
* Main menu online news feed added.
* Medium: improved torque 3D instrument ranges.
* Medium: flight model tweaked.
* Light: flight model tweaked (also thanks to community efforts!).
* Helicopter head movement limits tweaked.
* Helicopter ground contact points tweaked (also thanks to community efforts!).
* Special shadow LOD added for interior views of helicopters.
* Doors closed by default for luxury helicopters.
* Ambient traffic cars now have head and tail lights.
* Ambient boats and aircraft have lights at night now.
* Roadway LODs added to military ships.
* Improved materials for water surfaces.
* Various unlocalized texts localized (training scenarios, Time Trials and MP).
* Spelling error reported by wOMAC fixed.
* Type column in MP server browser was too narrow.
* Logitech G940 controller scheme tweaked.
* TrackIR scheme improved.
* Career Free Flight is no longer ended when disembarking. Instead use “Skip” from the interrupt menu (Esc).
* Scenarios would not terminate correctly when an important NPC was killed.
* Automatic savegame system tweaked to avoid saving in dangerous situations.
* Crashing in training scenarios after failing a stage is now handled better.
* Career 08: player was able to get in as copilot.
* Career 09: one of the tasks was not marked as completed.
* Government 01: suspect lookout would sometimes be on the ground.
* Training 07: feedback and IGUI indicators tweaked.
* Memory 02: CAS task now is canceled when CSAR takes over.
* Memory 02: OPFOR forces now correctly move to the crash site.
* Memory 02: CSAR takes longer to get to the crash site, allowing more time to provide CAS.
* Memory 02: Crashed crew does not try to complete its mission on foot.
* Memory 03: the player now dies when landing on the water surface.
* Memory scenarios can now be more easily skipped (“Skip” from the interrupt menu – Esc).
* Memory scenarios can now be reverted to a savegame after failing a task.
* MP 03: host is now forced to be the pilot.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."