Refract Studios today announced that its survival racing game Distance will fully launch for $24.99 on September 18th on Steam with a DRM-free version on its official website. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has released a new trailer that you can find below.
Distance is an atmospheric racing platformer that fuses futuristic arcade racing with parkour, and challenges players to survive a deadly, mysterious, neon-drenched city by jumping, rotating, and flying.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Adventure Mode: A short single-player narrative experience. Drive into the heart of a dark, mysterious city as you pursue an ominous threat.
- Arcade Mode: Race ghosts to take on the leaderboards’ best. Earn medals to unlock a wide variety of tracks in several different modes.
- Multiplayer: Online (up to 12 players) and split-screen (2-4 players) play in modes such as Sprint, Reverse Tag, Stunt, and Challenge.
- Trackmogrify: Random track generation with advanced seed modifiers.
- VR: Full VR integration with support for Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive.
- Level editor: Use a powerful level editor to create levels from within the game and share them with players around the world.
- Original soundtrack: New music from the composer behind award-winning games like Nitronic Rush, Solace, and The Fourth Wall.