Devolver and Croteam have just released a new update for their highly acclaimed old-school FPS, Serious Sam 3: BFE. This new update adds Santa Sam and Santa Sammy models to the game, optimizes collection of depth prepass, fast-lights and shadows commands, adds safety to fix cases when achievements are sometimes not registered by Steam and forces the FOV override to work in versus games. This patch will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can read its entire changelog after the jump.
Serious Sam 3: BFE December 8th Update Changelog:
– Added Santa Sam and Santa Sammy models.
– Split screen game was erroneously requiring user to be online. Fixed.
– Split screen users (other than the first one) couldn’t configure gamepad settings. Fixed.
– Set up dpad icons for star shaped weapon list.
– FOV slider now shows its value.
– Moved FOV menu slider to graphics options.
– Changed FOV lower bound from 75 to 60 degrees.
– FOV override now works in versus games.
– Fixed “pause” text being visible on client when game starts.
– Fixed single player loading screen sometimes being shown instead of multiplayer one when loading in
– Fixed an issue which prevented showing of message when a secret is found.
– Added safety to fix cases when achievements are sometimes not registered by Steam (probably if connection fails temporarily while playing). They will be stored internally and re-awarded later.
– Changed sort order of achievements in achievement menu (so related achievements are listed together). Also, unlocked achievements come before the still locked ones.
– It is now synchronized whether server is still loading so it is not allowed for (vote) force game start during that time.
– If server was still loading and one of the clients finished loading, that client would start the game although server was not ready. Fixed by switching status to “Waiting for players to load” if server is loading.
– Added safeguard against loading screen exiting before game is fully synchronized to the client.
– Fixed falling through floor if crouching while jumping on extremely low frame rates.
– Fixed player’s corpse respawning at chapter after being eaten by sandwhale in Team Survival mode.
– Made player details menu title use a font which is not in uppercase, so player’s name is shown in its original form.
– Fixed aux buttons in loading screen sometimes not working during multiplayer loading.
– Fixed looping fire animation remaining on player’s third person model even after weapon runs out of ammo and is replaced.
– Fixed problem with player exiting the loading screen if trying to initiate a vote while another vote is already in
– Reduced number of current render-target changes when rendering shadow’s cascade or faces.
– Optimized collection of depth prepass, fast-lights and shadows commands.
– Fixed double creation of ingame menu when invoked via F10 from loading screen.
– Loading screen now uses a checkbox character for readyness toggle button text (should be more intuitive than “set ready”/”set not ready” texts).
– Fixed some string formatting error in Chinese locale table.
– Disabled ingame menu invocation from the loading screen if the menu button is not visible.
– Adjusted image frame in session info menu according to its image aspect ratio.
– Fixed an issue which would cause scaffolding pole to sometimes remain locked in player’s hand if it is used in combination with melees.
– Fixed preview menu popup that happens when closing multichoice or string input menu.
– Fixed menu transparency issues visible in low framerate.