Modder ‘RavenWolf’ has released a new version of his SC Revolution mod for the original StarCraft: Brood War. In case you weren’t aware of, SC Revolution introduces improved mechanics, new units, upgrades and abilities to StarCraft: Brood War, as well as a lot of changes that will improve the gameplay and open new strategies and compositions to fight with.
This new version of SC Revolution features increases starting workers amount and supply provided of main buildings, adds some togglable additional UI information, and adds new graphics, sounds, icons and descriptions for passive skills.
Moreover, this new version comes with some balance tweaks for all three races.
This mod only works with Brood War version 1.16.1, and you can download it from here.
SC Revolution – Mayor changes (version 2.1)
- Smart casting behaviour and self casting for some spells
- Rally points can be placed on minerals or extractor/refinery/assimilator to make workers automatically start harvesting resources when created.
- Increased starting workers amount and supply provided of main buildings. Added worker count
- Map is revealed at the start of the match.
- New damage type: Burst (deals 50% 75% and 100% to large, medium and small units)
- Energy upgrades also grant 25% faster energy regeneration.
- Added new graphics, sounds, icons and descriptions for passive skills. improved weapon tooltips (added range and damage type) and armor tooltips (added unit size)
- Added some togglable additional UI information (rally points, worker count, build queues transport queues, progress bars, and cooldowns)
- Harder AI with inflated resource harvesting