Psyonix has released the Autumn update for Rocket League. According to the release notes, this update adds more than 90 free new items as drops and Trade-Ins, adds player banners as a new Customization Item, adds Farmstead as a Seasonal Arena in all Playlists and redesigns Wasteland and Starbase ARC as Standard Arenas.
What’s also really cool is that players on Steam can now host and join LAN matches directly through the Play menu. Local / LAN matches allow you and your friends to compete without the need for an internet connection. The LAN Lobby creator is hosting the match on their computer and Psyonix recommends using a Spectator PC to host the lobby for LAN events.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read a portion of its changelog below (you can read the full release notes here).
- ‘Farmstead’ is now available as a Seasonal Arena in all Playlists
- ‘Wasteland’ and ‘Starbase ARC’ have been redesigned as Standard Arenas.
- Previous versions are now called ‘Badlands’ and ‘ARCtagon,’ can be found in Rumble, Private Matches, and Offline
- ‘DFH Stadium’ (Day)
- ‘Champions Field’ (Day)
- ‘Mannfield’ (Snowy)
- Snowy Arena variants will return to Casual and Competitive Playlists during the holiday season
- Player Banners are new Customization Items displayed in the main menu and during Goal Replays.
- Some Player Banners have customizable background colors, while others may have an animated background.
- Some Player Banners may drop with a ‘Painted’ attribute
- Player Banners will be available as Common items after any match, while others will be Rare or Very Rare drops after Online Matches, or via the Trade-In system:
- More than 90 FREE new items added to the drop rate (including the Player Banners listed above)
- ‘Accelerator Crate’ has been added
- Players can now change to another Custom Training pack while playing a Custom Training pack
- While in a Custom Training pack, pause the game, choose ‘Change Training’ from the in-game menu
- ‘Stick Sensitivity’ has been added to the Controls menu
- At the default value of 1.0, your controller will behave the same as before
- Your analog stick input is multiplied by these values. Increasing them makes your controller more sensitive at the cost of some fine-tuned control
- At the maximum value of 10.0, your controller behaves like Keyboard steering, turning at maximum speed from any stick tilt
- ‘Camera Transition Speed’ option has been added to the Camera menu
- Increasing this value makes your camera blend between Ball Cam and Player Cam more quickly
- ‘Always Show Nameplates’ option has been added to the Gameplay menu
- When enabled, this option will prevent other players’ nameplates from being hidden even at long distances
- All cars are now using one of the standardized presets for handling and hitbox introduced in the Anniversary Update
- A new ‘Transparent Goalposts’ option has been added that causes goalposts and some walls to become see-through when necessary to see the ball
- All Arenas but Rocket Labs use this new feature
- Transparent Goalposts are enabled by default, but can be toggled off to return to their previous, non-transparent behavior
- To disable, uncheck the ‘Transparent Goalposts’ box in your Video settings under the Options submenu
Local Match (Steam Only)
- Players on Steam can now host and join LAN matches directly through the Play menu
- ‘Host Local Lobby’ to create a LAN server that other players can join on your network
- ‘Find Local Lobby’ to browse for LAN servers you can connect to
- Local / LAN matches allow you and your friends to compete without the need for an internet connection
- The LAN Lobby creator is hosting the match on their computer. Using Alt-Tab in Fullscreen mode or taking other actions on that computer may affect server performance. Using a Spectator PC to host the lobby for LAN events is recommended
- Bumping and Demolish Updates
- Fixed an issue where car collisions could be incorrectly handled depending on the order the physics engine processed them in
- Fixed an issue where Demolishes and Bumps could be incorrectly handled depending on the depth of its bumper penetration into the other car’s collision.
- Ball Indicator on Champions Field has been fixed
- Restored Batmobile to its pre-Anniversary Update state based on community feedback
- The Steam Controller now works as intended on Mac hardware
- Party members can no longer be pulled out of a Ranked match by a Party Leader
- Winning player no longer receives a loss when leaving a Ranked 1v1 match during an overtime Goal Replay
- Entering Free Play while joining an Online Match no longer prevents players from joining an Online Match