Hopoo Games and Gearbox Publishing today announced that Risk of Rain 2, its new third-person roguelike shooter, has sold over one million units in the month following its launch into Steam Early Access on March 28th. This significant milestone comes hot on the heels of the Risk of Rain 2 early access forecast reveal, which detailed content players can expect leading up to launch next Spring.
Paul Morse and Duncan Drummond of Hopoo Games said:
“First off, we are beyond excited to announce that Risk of Rain 2 has surpassed one million sales on Steam alone in the month following our Early Access launch. To give you guys a little bit of context, it took us almost five years to hit that same number on Steam for Risk of Rain 1. We are so excited to see how many of you are jumping into RoR 2 and bringing your friends with you, thank you all so much.”
The sequel to the beloved indie hit, Risk of Rain 2 brings 3D graphics and third-person shooter mechanics to the franchise while holding true to its roguelike roots. Risk of Rain 2 is available on Steam in early access for $19.99 and slated to launch in Spring 2020.
Here are the key features of the retail version that will come out in 2020.
- Play four player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding
- Unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges
- Play and unlock new and returning survivors, each with their own abilities to master
- Theorycraft and exploit endless item and character combos
- Encounter challenging monsters and enormous bosses
- Explore massive, handcrafted 3D levels
- Discover lore through the collection of Monster, Item, and Environment Logs
- Challenge your friends—and the world—in all-new Prismatic Trials, a unique seeded run where everyone can race up a global leaderboard