Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have released a new update for the PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider. According to the changelog, this update focuses primarily on adding stereoscopic 3D rendering. The game will now support explicit side-by-side rendering for 3D TVs, NVIDIA’s 3D Vision, as well as indows DXGI 1.2 Stereo 3D. This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Rise of the Tomb Raider – Patch 1.0.629.3 Changelog:
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering support added.
- Supports explicit side-by-side rendering for 3D TVs.
- Supports NVIDIA 3DVision or AMD HD3D (On Steam version).
- Supports Windows DXGI 1.2 Stereo 3D (On Windows Store version).
- Addressed some problems when the display DPI was not set to 100%, including not being able to select all resolutions.
- Added some logic to retroactively grant achievements in cases where Steam failed to grant them shortly after release.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.