Modder ‘Araron’ and a team of dedicated modders have released the first part of their amazing Priority Earth Overhaul mod for Mass Effect 3. Priority Earth Overhaul attempts to improve ME3’s final mission in every way possible, by restoring cut content, adding new scenes and dialogues, enhancing the gameplay, improving textures and more.
Priority Earth Overhaul’s development is divided into 3 thematically organized parts. Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3. Stage 1 stands as a foundation for future phases and focuses on addressing the biggest issues. Stage 2 will focus on expanding Earth hub to show all of your war assets and allies, updating the level design and vastly improving immersion. Stage 3 will focus on the bleeding edge of modding like new missions and gameplay elements.
Going into more details, Stage 1 restores all cut content (ranging from simple radio dialogue all the way to entirely missing cutscene pieces), restores cut SFX pieces and implements them throughout the mission, creating a far more immersive and audio rich experience, adds new music, dialogue and scenes, improves pre-rendered cutscenes, streamlines and improves many gameplay elements like horde modes, and re-balances the AI spawns for more explosive gameplay, adds much more variety to the Alliance Soldiers in the Hub, replaces Harbinger’s model with the one used in Mass Effect 2, and adds improved 1k and 2k textures to various areas in London.
Here are the key features of the first Stage for Priority Earth Overhaul:
- Content Restoration: All cut content has been restored. This ranges all the way from simple radio dialogue all the way to entirely missing cutscene pieces.
- Audio Overhaul: 25+ cut SFX pieces have been restored and implemented throughout the mission, creating a far more immersive and audio rich experience. We also included new SFX created by our talennted audio editor.
- New music: Priority: Earth now features proper and fitting music in all places.
- New scenes: Two entirely new cutscenes built by hand: Garrus’ new intro, and the re-created Anderson’s death scene.
- New Dialogue: New, custom voice acted dialogue that enriches the experience. As well as reused lines from Mass Effect 2 and 3 for your old and new squadmates.
- Improved pre-rendered cutscenes: PEOM vastly improves on the Hammer Landing and Assault cutscenes, with new scenes, music and more variations.
- Gameplay improvements: Streamlined and improved many gameplay elements like horde modes, and re-balanced the AI spawns for more explosive gameplay.
- War Asset Notifications:Get notified on the status of your armies and which of your War Assets gets damaged or destroyed.
- Hub improvements: Added much more variety to the Alliance Soldiers in the Hub (new gear, ranks, animations, etc.)
- Level Events: Two exciting Level Events for the Destiny Ascension and the Rachni.
- Expanded Refusal Ending: A new cutscene rendered in 3DS Max that shows your destroyed fleets over Earth.
- Restored Harbinger: Harbinger now uses his original Mass Effect 2 model, and taunts the player during the Conduit Run. Taunts based on your EMS rating.
- Textures: London has received a new polish with improved 1k and 2k textures.
Those interested can download the mod from here!
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”