Doom 3 fans, here is something special for you today. Modder ‘VGames’ has released a new version of his Perfected mod for Doom 3. Perfected Doom 3 attempts to completely overhaul the entire game with new monsters, rebalanced weapons, rebalanced monster stats, better graphics, new gameplay features.
This new version of Perfected Doom 3 comes with various gameplay improvements, balance tweaks for a number of weapons, dynamic lighting effects to various enemies, HD skins for all characters, monsters, weapons, and items, High Poly models for all characters, monsters, items, and some of the weapon view models, as well as a new gibbing system that causes some of the smaller enemies to get blown to bits by the rocket launcher and handgrenade or have their flesh vaporized by the Plasmagun, BFG, and Soulcube.
Do note that this mod only works with the original Doom 3 retail version, and is not compatible with the Steam BFG version.
Those interested can download Perfected Doom 3 V7 from here.
And here is a part of the huge changelog for Perfected Doom 3 V7:
* NEW IN VERSION 7 *
= WEAPONS/ITEMS =
- All weapons make blood splatter on the screen when attacking monsters at close range.
- Completely removed the Flashlight from the game.
- All weapons have a melee attack for close quarters combat.
- Added more push to several of the player weapons.
- Adrenaline Powerups and Berserk Powerups will both give you the Berserk Powerup abilities but you decide when to use them and you can only hold one at a time in your inventory.
- Adrenaline/Berserk Powerups no longer switch your current weapon to the Fists upon usage.
- The Fists, Chainsaw, Machinegun, Chaingun, Plasmagun, Rocket Launcher, BFG, and Soulcube no longer zoom in when the zoom key is pressed.
- Reduced the volume for some of the weapon gunfire sounds.
= ENEMIES/NPC’S =
- Added orange glowing symbols to the branded Hellknights’ bodies.
- Added glowing demonic symbols to the Dead Souls.
- Nightmare Imp now has its own set of textures when visible.
Removed the drool from the Pink Demon’s mouth.
- Added blood to all Zombie skins to make them a little more realistic and much more gruesome.
- All bosses have been given much more terrifying looking skin effects.
- Sabaoth has a bloody death skin now.
- All demons and zombies in the Hell maps now have their own hellish skins.
- Added green lights to Sentry bot bodies.
- Added particle effects to the Nightmare Imp fireball projectiles so they can now be seen.
- Added dynamic lighting effects to the Baron of Hell’s flaming hands.
- Added dynamic lighting effects to the Soulknight’s flaming hands.
- Added dynamic lighting effects to the Lost Soul’s flaming head.
- Added dynamic lighting effects to the Dead Soul’s flaming head.
- Added dynamic lighting effects to the Archvile’s flaming hands.
- Lost Souls will now produce streams of fire when killed.
- Dead Souls will now produce streams of fire when killed.
- Lost Souls have an explosion effect when killed.
- Dead Souls have an explosion effect when killed.
- Added dynamic lighting effects to Bernie the flaming zombie.
- Nightmare Imp now has blue/purple disintegration effects.
- Added particle and sound effects to the Spectre when they flash into view while getting hurt and killed.
- Added a red head light to the Cyberdemon.
- Added a green light to the Sabaoth’s BFG cannon.
- Added a pair of red lights to the Revenant’s shoulder cannons.
- Damage rates for monster attacks have been rebalanced.
- Blast Radiuses for monster attacks have been rebalanced.
- Friendly Characters and Monsters have been rebalanced.
- Soulknights will now explode upon death causing damage to nearby entities.
- Barons of Hell will now explode upon death causing damage to nearby entities.
- Reduced lost soul spawn rate from Pain Elementals.
- Pain Elementals now explode into chunks and release 3 Dead Souls when killed.
- Cacodemons now explode into chunks and release 10 of their electrical projectiles in random directions when killed.
- Lost Souls when killed will sometimes turn into a Dead Soul.
- Spectre Pink Demon will now flicker into visibility while getting hurt and will become visible when killed.
- Nightmare Imp will now flicker into visibility while getting hurt and will become visible when killed.
- Lost Soul kick and knockback amounts caused by attacks have been reduced.
- Dead Soul kick and knockback amounts caused by attacks have been reduced.
- Increased the hit detection size of the Revenant’s homing missiles to equal the same size as the Rocket Launcher’s missiles.
- Doubled the Archvile’s max health.
= MENU =
- Added more screen resolutions to the options menu.
- Added the Sikkmod menu for better optimizing of individual hardware setups.
- Added new Sikkmod key commands to the standard controls options menu.
- All maps loaded from the New Game Menu except for the Mars City 1 map will not start a new game and will load the player inventory correctly.
- Added a map select menu for the new maps from the In Hell mod.
- Set camera perspective toggle to a key press instead of an on/off option.
- Added on/off crosshair option to the options menu in place of the on/off HUD option.
- **( On/Off HUD Option was removed to make sure the new Rocket Launcher and Machinegun Scope Overlays worked correctly )**
= MISCELLANEOUS =
- HD skins for all characters, monsters, weapons, and items have been added to the Texture Pack and fixed textures that had sliding issues when using any kind of parallax mapping.
- HD variants of map load screen pictures have been added to the Texture Pack.
- Blood spraying on screen from close range gunfire or melee attacks and monsters hitting you now look the same and now have normal mapping effects.
- Went through every single height map setting for every single skin and texture and set them back to their original settings and then doubled them.
- Edited the Mars City Underground “Flashlight Tip” to reflect the fact that it has been completely removed from the game.
- Added all singleplayer and multiplayer maps from the awesome mod In Hell and reset several of its textures to use better ones.
- High Poly models have been added for all characters, monsters, items, and some of the weapon view models.
- Self-shadowing has been removed on all character, monster, weapon, item, and map object models.
- Increased player jump height a bit.
- Increased player run speed a bit.
- Ammo casings and general debris stay on the floor for 5 minutes before disappearing.
- Adjusted the camera in third person to be more like Gears of War.
- The Grab Command has been disabled.
- Added a chance that a Pumpshotgun will be replaced by a Double Barrel Shotgun in any given map.
- Armor Protection Ratio increased.
- New gibbing system added to the game that will cause cause some of the smaller enemies to get blown to bits by the rocket launcher and handgrenade or have their flesh vaporized by the Plasmagun, BFG, and Soulcube.
= BUGS FIXED =
- Fixed the Mars City Underground scripted events that didn’t work correctly.
- Fixed a crash in 3rd map – Return to Mars City.
- The Sabaoth’s death scene game crashing bug that occured when a Soulknight was present has been fixed.
- Spawned Sentry Bots via console commands now move around as they should.
- Fixed an inverted controls glitch caused by aiming all the way up or down.