Grinding Gear Games announced today that the latest expansion to their award-winning RPG, Path of Exile: Blight, will launch today for the PC. As the press release reads, Path of Exile: Blight merges the exciting action combat of PoE with the strategy of classic tower defense games.
Path of Exile: Blight introduces a new NPC, Sister Cassia, who educates the player about the dangerous fungal grows that are spreading through Wraeclast. These growths infect and control the minds of nearby monsters, but Sister Cassia has built a pump that can drain the ichor from the growths to render them harmless. Players must deploy a range of towers to help protect the pump while it does its work.
As with all Path of Exile expansions, Blight introduces a wide selection of new skills, items and balance changes. Moreover, there will be significant revamps to a few key character archtypes; the Necromancer, the Poison Assassin and the Mine Saboteur.
Here are the key features of Path of Exile Blight.
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode