NVIDIA has released a new hotfix driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver 445.98 fixes some issues that players encounter when HDR was active.
Moreover, this driver improves overall stability in both F1 2019 and Overwatch. For instance, it fixes some random crashes to desktop in F1 2019. Thus, those of you playing these two games should download and install this driver.
You can download this new hotfix driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog. As always, you can skip this driver if you have not encounter any of the following issues.
NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver 445.98 Release Notes
- Notebooks with Maxwell generation GPUs may experience higher GPU utilization during game play leading to reduced battery life and higher temperature
- Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged on app launch
- Some games may appear very bright when HDR is enabled
- [F1 2019]: Game may randomly crash to desktop
- [Overwatch]: Improves game stability
- Fixes driver installation issue on Colorful GeForce GTX 1650
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”