NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 471.11 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Doom Eternal with its upcoming Ray Tracing and DLSS patch.
Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for LEGO Builder’s Journey which includes several ray-traced effects and performance-accelerating DLSS, the latest update for Rust which adds NVIDIA DLSS technology, F1 2021, and the new NVIDIA Reflex integration in Escape from Tarkov.
It’s also worth noting that release 470 will be the last driver branch to support desktop Kepler GPUs.
Furthermore, the NVIDIA GeForce 471.11 WHQL driver comes with a number of bug fixes. For instance, it fixes some random flickering issues in World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. It also fixes the incorrect color issues in games when using sharpen Freestyle filter with HDR on NVIDIA Ampere GPUs.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 471.11 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready Driver
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the latest new titles and updates, including the latest patch for DOOM Eternal which introduces ray-trace reflections and NVIDIA DLSS technology. Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for LEGO Builder’s Journey which includes several ray-traced effects and performance-accelerating DLSS, the latest update for Rust which adds NVIDIA DLSS technology, F1 2021, and the new NVIDIA Reflex integration in Escape from Tarkov.
Advance Notice of Discontinued Support
Release 470 will be the last driver branch to support desktop GPUs based on the Kepler architecture.
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 980M]: The system locks with a black screen upon booting into Windows.
- [Surround][GeForce RTX 3090]: With Surround active, setting Bezel Correction disables Surround.
- [Crossfire][GeForce Experience][FreeStyle]: Freestyle might not work on Crossfire after the game is updated.
- [HDR]: Some specific HDMI displays might show some flickering in HDR mode.
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background.
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: Colors may appear incorrect in games if sharpen Freestyle filter is used with HDR enabled.
- Display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode
- DisplayPort monitor may not wake from sleep when connected in extended mode with an HDMI 2.1 display that is powered off.