NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 456.55 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Star Wars Squadrons. In addition, this driver adds NVIDIA Reflex support to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Additionally, this new Game Ready Driver also improves stability in certain games on RTX 30 Series GPUs. Thus, we strongly suggest downloading it if you own an RTX3080 or RTX3090 GPU.
NVIDIA GeForce 456.55 WHQL driver also addresses a slight increase in the Windows Event Log CPU utilization. Moreover, this driver resolves an issue that could cause Render Latency setting to sometimes get stuck at 0 on Vulkan games.
You can download the NVIDIA GeForce 456.55 WHQL driver from here. You can also find its complete changelog below.
NVIDIA GeForce 456.55 WHQL Driver Release Notes
Game Ready for NVIDIA Reflex Support for ‘Call of Duty:
Modern Warfare’ and ‘Call of Duty: Warzone’
Our latest GeForce Game Ready driver provides support for NVIDIA Reflex in the blockbuster titles Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone, as well as offers the best experience in Star Wars: Squadrons. The new Game Ready Driver also improves stability in certain games on RTX 30 Series GPUs.
- [Omniverse 2020.2.4496]: Corruption occurs after switching from RTX Real-Time to RTX PathTraced renderer.
- [Vulkan games]: The GeForce Experience> Performance > Render Latency setting sometimes sticks at 0 on Vulkan games.
- Multiple G-SYNC Compatible monitors were removed from the G-SYNC Compatible list in the driver.
- There is a slight increase in the Windows Event Log CPU utilization.
- NVIDIA Container service may crash upon resume from system sleep /hibernate mode.
- [Notebook]: Performance Power Mode cannot be set from the NVIDIA Control Panel.