NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce 390.65 WHQL driver features security updates for Meltdown/Spectre, and adds support for the NVIDIA Freestyle. In case you weren’t aware of, the NVIDIA Freestyle lets you apply post-processing filters to your games.
Moreover, this new driver adds a pop-up balloon to alert the user if an eGPU has been connected or disconnected. Also, this driver provides the optimal gaming experience for Fortnite, including support for ShadowPlay Highlights in Battle Royale mode.
Those interested can download the NVIDIA GeForce 390.65 WHQL driver from here. Below you can find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 390.65 WHQL Driver Release Notes:
- Provides the optimal gaming experience for Fortnite, including support for ShadowPlay Highlights in Battle Royale mode.
- Adds support for NVIDIA Freestyle which lets you apply post-processing filters to your games while you play.
- This driver add security updates to driver components (CVE-2017-5753)
Computer systems with microprocessors utilizing speculative execution and branch prediction may allow unauthorized disclosure of information to an attacker with local user access via a side-channel analysis. For more information on this issue, see the NVIDIA GPU security updates for speculative side channel Security Bulletin posted on the NVIDIA Product Security page
- eGPU – Added pop-up balloon to alert the user if an eGPU has been connected or disconnected.
SLI Profile – Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Total War: WARHAMMER II
- [GeForce GTX 970][Batman Arkham Knight]: Surfaces are rendered incorrectly. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][TITAN X][TITAN Xp][Gamestream]: Artifacts appear when using Gamestream. 
- [Notebook][Fermi GPUs][3D Vision]: Error message pointing to the Stereo driver appears when enabling stereoscopic 3D.