AMD and NVIDIA have released new drivers that are optimized for Remedy’s supernatural action game, Control. Although the green team did not reveal any performance percentages increases, AMD noted that this driver improves performance under the DX11 API.
Going into more details, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 improves performance by up to 10%. Moreover, this driver adds support for Man of Medan, as well as for HDCP 2.3 on Radeon RX 5700 series GPUs. It’s also worth noting that this driver fixes an application hang on performing a task switch in Rocket League. It also addresses a slower bug when performing a task switch in League of Legends.
The new NVIDIA driver fixes the corruption issues on some tracks in Forza Motorsport 7. Furthermore, it resolves the system crash that occurred while installing the drivers on a system with mixed GPUs.
Below you can also find the key features and fixes that these new drivers bring to the table.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 Highlights
- Up to 10% performance improvement in Control running DirectX® 11 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.8.2 vs. 19.8.1.RS-309
- Man of Medan™
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics support for HDCP®2.3.
- Rocket League™ may experience an application hang on performing a task switch.
- League of Legends™ may experience slower than expected performance when performing a task switch.
- System instability may be experienced on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when performing memory overclocking while a 3D application is running.
- Minor stutter may be experienced during the first few minutes of Fortnite™ gameplay.
NVIDIA GeForce 436.15 WHQL Highlights
Provides increased performance and the optimal gaming experience for Control
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: There is corruption on the tracks in the game. 
- System crash occurs while installing the drivers on a system with GPUs from mixed architectures; for example, Fermi and Pascal.