Interwave Games have released a new update for their FPS/RTS hybrid, Nuclear Dawn. Nuclear Dawn promises to be the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game and this update comes with updated localization, improved collisions, various balance changes and lots of fixes. The update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below. Enjoy!
Nuclear Dawn Update Changelog:
– Added new commander research items
– Player Boost I, II, and III
– Structure Boost I, II, and III
– Commander Abilities II and III
– Added support for giving default commander orders to whole team.
– Added support for squad-only chat (default I).
– Added new portable Radar Kit item for Support BBQ.
– Places on ground like ammo or health kit.
– After deployment, it extends radar range, uncovering units and structures in fow.
– Lasts after death, but can be destroyed by enemy (will disappear on class change).
– Added Play Now feature to allow quick joining into an optimal server, considering ping and player count.
– Added optional compass display to HUD.
– Added Game Guide button to main menu.
– Added game instructor tip for transport gate teleporting.
– Players calling artillery strikes, rather than current commander, now get credit for kills.
– USE key can now be used anytime while inside of a transport gate, rather than needing to face it.
– Enabled server mp_unbalance_limit convar.
– Round end team swap notification is now more visible.
– Updated localizations.
– Effects of armory research are now suspended if all of your team’s armories are destroyed or sold (build another for all to reactivate).
– Transport gates can no longer be manually powered down to prevent griefing by commander.
– Added/tweaked light glows and environment sun.
– Fixed several spots where the commander was able to build outside of the map.
– Improved guardtower collisions.
– Fixed getting stuck near the Consortium base.
– Fixed a few small issues throughout the map.
– Decreased HDR.
– Improved collision for the broken train.
– Fixed trains clipping through each other in the trainyard.
– Blocked ability to build structures on the ramp near the turbines.
– Fixed missing spot overlays
– Increased lightmapscales on some walls for higher quality shadows.
– Updated loading screen.
– Fixed not being able to climb on the ladder of the broken tanker truck.
– Improved bot nav mesh.
– Improved submarine bridge collision.
– Fixed crash when changing certain video options.
– Fixed a case where commander would be unable to set a spawn location as default.
– Fixed thermal vision staying enabled when entering commander view.
– Fixed IP bans not applying to RCON access.
– Fixed case where armory research buttons could be mirrored on transport gate.
– Fixed players under hypospray effect getting healed by commander heal ability.
– Fixed REDs being undetonatable after ninth RED is placed.
– Fixed tutorial noting incorrect weapon slot key for sidearm.
– Fixed being able to use the command bunker console while in exo suit lockdown.
– Fixed possibility for teleport to send player to nearby enemy gate.
– Fixed issues with certain gizmos not functioning properly – Smooth Operator, Siege Specialist, Melee Specialist, Advanced Munitions.
– Fixed glitch on Career panel where gizmo tooltip could appear over top of Achievements or Extras tab.
– Fixed radar structure still functioning when powered down.
– Fixed being able to change class in powered down armory.
– Fixed being able to teleport from powered down tgates.
– Fixed always getting Playground Bullies achevement if clan set.
– Fixed Traitor achievement being unachievable.
– Fixed progress bars for Running Up and Charging In achievements being off by an order of magnitude.
– Fixed rare care where a player could spawn with partial hud and unable to move.
– Fixed viewpunch being applied to meleed teammates.
– Fixed round-end clan achievements not being awarded on enemy surrender.
– Fixed training graduate achievements not being granted – related achievements will be granted on load if you’ve completed the courses.
– Fixed Charging Up achievement using meters sprinted instead of meters ran.
– Fixed some achievement icons not displaying properly.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."