Bugbear Entertainment has released a brand new update for the PC version of Wreckfest. According to the release notes, this patch adds four new tracks, five new vehicles, and brings new career events.
Moreover, this latest PC patch enhances and polish the game’s environments, animates objects such as flags and balloons, and adds paint jobs for most vehicles. It’s also worth noting that this patch brings a number of collision improvement. As such, the cars will no longer clip each other.
This patch also streamlines server browser, adds quick match to multiplayer, and improves the server lobby user interface. Furthermore, it increases overall performance, especially for older PCs. It also optimizes the multiplayer mode for poor connections and PCs, and drastically decreases loading times for all tracks.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Wreckfest August 27th PC Patch Release Notes
4 NEW RACING TRACKS + 1 NEW DERBY ARENA
- Clayridge Circuit
- Northfolk Ring (two routes)
- Dirt Devil Stadium (Speedway)
- Dirt Devil Stadium (Derby Arena)
5 NEW VEHICLES
- Venom (career reward)
- Stretch Limousine
- Couch Car
- Big Rig
- Several new career events and challenges featuring new tracks and vehicles. Check each Championship for new events – for example the first championship Regional Juniors now has the Couch Craze challenge to unlock this vehicle.
- There’s now more variation in the computer-controlled AI cars, and they will also make use of the upgrade parts to make your life so much more miserable.
- Many events have been changed and tweaked to offer more engaging, balanced gameplay experience.
- Also, achieved bonus targets are no longer reset when restarting a career series.
- Polished and more detailed environments.
- Animates objects such as flags and balloons.
- New paint jobs for most vehicles.
- Collision improvements: the cars no longer clip each other.
- Quick match functinality for multiplayer.
- Streamlines server browser.
- Overhauls server lobby user interface and improved usability.
- Improves car and upgrade selection in the garage/pit.
- New daytimes for many tracks.
- Improves career menu screens.
- Multiplayer: Bots now get auto-kicked also during races if a human player joins and takes their slot.
- Multiplayer: At event start, players not ready won’t be kicked as long as they have a valid car.
- New track and event specific loading screens.
- A save data backup is created automatically whenever the game is updated.
- Minimap (can be disabled in the Settings menu).
- Overall game performance increased especially for older PCs.
- Multiplayer better optimized for poor connections and PCs.
- Drastically reduced loading times for all tracks.
- Server side: hardware and bandwidth demands reduced.
- Numerous bugfixes, tweaks and improvements, many based on the feedback we’ve received from you.