Deep Silver has released a new set of screenshots for Sacred: Citadel. Set in the rich fantasy universe of the Sacred franchise, Sacred Citadel reinvents the familiar arcade feel of classic brawlers while setting a new standard for the future of side-scrolling hack-and-slash games. This ultimate arcade brawler also cloaks itself as a prologue for the upcoming epic third installment of the Sacred series, Sacred 3.
Moreover, Deep Silver has released some new information about this action-brawler. Sacred: Citadel will support a co-op mode, in which players must skillfully combine the abilities of their characters to hold out against the onrushing enemy hordes and to support each other.
Players can choose between the Khukuri Shaman, the Ancarian Ranger and the Safiri Warrior and a yet-to-be-revealed secret character. Each of the four classes in Sacred Citadel possesses its own set of special attacks. The variation depends both on the experience level and the amount of power collected through the use of different combos.
Furthermore, in Sacred: Citadel, the heroes will be able to snatch away different mounts from their enemies and use them and their varied special attacks for their own purposes.
Here are the key features of the game:
• Fast-Paced Action- Intuitive gameplay with thrilling attack combos, weapon combinations, dual wielding and 4 complementary hero classes.
• RPG Elements-Unprecedented levels of depth in a brawler, including stat leveling, quests, collectibles, items, money, weapons, armor, potions, side missions, towns, shops and a night and day system.
• Co-Op Multiplayer Mayhem- Local and online modes with up to three players and instant drop-in/drop-out capability offer epic battles with massive amounts of enemies and clever tactical combat interaction.
• Engaging, Rewarding Gameplay–Each level provides a stat summary and grade for each player, encouraging friendly competition among co-op companions.
• Beautiful Side-Scrolling 2.5D Graphics- Citadel utilizes a captivating and unique visual style consistent with the Sacred universe, along with sophisticated graphical complexity among side-scrolling brawlers.
Sacred: Citadel is planned for a 2013 release on XBLA, PSN and PC!
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities.Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards." Contact: Email