Resident Evil 3 Remake, also known as Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, is one of the most anticipated games of 2020. In an interview with PlayStation Magazine UK, producer Peter Fabiano revealed some interesting new details.
According to the interview, players should not expect an open-world environment. While there will be plenty of exploration in many areas of the city, the game will not be one huge area.
Furthermore, Nemesis will use an improved version of the AI ??developed for the Tyrant of Resident Evil 2 Remake. Not only that, but Nemesis was created in real life to be able to be scanned via photogrammetry.
Unfortunately, though, the game won’t have multiple endings or the Mercenaries Mode. The remake won’t also have any action-choice mechanism like those found in the original version.
Below you can find all the new details from this interview that Reddit’s member wolfiepl shared.
New Resident Evil 3 Remake Details
- You shouldn’t expect an exploration of Raccoon City like in an Open World game. But there will be plenty of exploration in many areas of the city.
- Nemesis will use an improved version of the AI ??developed for the Tyrant of Resident Evil 2 Remake.
- Sound will be very important in a city like Raccoon City, you will have to rely on it to anticipate dangers lying in wait around the corner.
- Confirmation that we will visit the streets, the shops, the Stagla petrol station, the Raccoon Press offices, the hospital.
- Nemesis was created in real life to be able to be scanned via photogrammetry.
- Mercenaries mode will not return.
- The mutant worms will be back.
- Carlos will be playable.
- There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.
- There will also be no more endings. It will therefore be interesting to know who will fly the helicopter at the end of the game and whether Nicholai will survive or not.