Now that’s a nice surprise. BioWare and Electronic Arts have released a new patch for Dragon Age 2. This patch will update your game’s version to 1.04 and comes with various general and quest fixes. The changelog contains some spoilers, so be sure to avoid it if you haven’t played the game yet. This new update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client. Complete changelog after the jump.
Dragon Age 2 Update 1.04 Changelog:
- The warrior talent Sunder will continue to work after saving and loading the game.
– Players can now disable the snap feature for area-of-effect attacks by holding the ‘shift’ key.
- When Isabela is present in “Magistrate’s Orders,” Bethany no longer receives incorrect friendship or rivalry points after the player decides Kelder’s fate.
– In “Magistrate’s Orders,” Carver now receives +5 friendship if Fenris kills Kelder or +10 friendship if the player kills him.
– Isabela no longer has a plot marker in the post-game save if the player failed to complete “No Rest for the Wicked.”
– Aveline’s head no longer vibrates in “Finders Keepers” when conversing with the warehouse guard.
– Resource loading and memory handling in conversations has improved to address sporadic crashes occurring for some users. The bulk of the resulting crashes were occurring in the conversation after Isabela’s sex scene in Hawke’s Estate and a conversation with Aveline in Viscount’s Keep after she is promised her captaincy.
– Handling has improved for login, messaging, and authentication during periods of server disruption.
– Players who choose not to log in will no longer be presented with recurring Lost Connection errors.
– Certain ambient audio no longer cuts in and out when switching between characters.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT – “THE EXILED PRINCE”
– Sebastian’s plot marker, if present, has been removed when bringing him into other downloadable content.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT – “LEGACY” (SPOILER
- Players are no longer able to re-use the Memento of Legacy to access the Legacy downloadable content multiple times in a single play-through.
– Players now receive an item reward when completing “Malcolm’s Honor” with Carver in the party.
– An issue that caused close to 200 banter lines between Hawke and the followers not to fire has been fixed.
– A case where certain follower banter wouldn’t appear when playing from a post-game save has been fixed.
– Isabela’s romance banter now properly checks to see if the player is still eligible for a romance with her.
– Fenris’s romance banter now properly checks to see if Fenris and the player slept together, but have not yet made up.
– A ghostly Bethany no longer joins in conversations from beyond the grave.
– Sebastian and Anders no longer talk about Bethany or Carver as if they are not present.
– Carver no longer mentions Leandra after her death.
DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT – “MARK OF THE ASSASSIN”
– Removed the autosave immediately following the dungeon capture scene as it was corrupting subsequent saves for a small number of users.