Crowbar Collective has released the first post-launch update for Black Mesa. According to the release notes, this patch tweaks HECU, fixes a number of bugs and issues, and improves overall stability.
Going into more details, this new patch decreases HECU reaction time and allows HECU to react to a loss in the squad. Moreover, it fixes bullet spread distribution of HECU not changing based on difficulty.
This update also fixes a bug related to the engine not detecting controllers. Not only that, but it fixes a crash related to marionettist. It also fixes Xbow classic iron sights not rendering crosshair, and adds an option in new UI to toggle Classic Iron Sights ON/OFF.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Black Mesa April 19th Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug related to the engine not detecting controllers
- Fixed bullet spread distribution of HECU not changing based on difficulty
- Decreased HECU reaction time
- HECU now react to a loss in the squad
- Balanced damage of frag grenade uses by NPCs (higher damage radius)
- Added an option in new UI to toggle Classic Iron Sights ON/OFF
- Fixed Xbow classic iron sights not rendering crosshair
- Fixed a crash related to marionettist
- ToGL/Linux: Changed/tweaked internal texture formats and video options to avoid visual issues on different dynamic lighting quality levels
- This update does NOT break saves