Studio Wildcard announced that a new update for its dinosaur-survival game, ARK: Survival Evolved, will be released later today. In order to celebrate this announcement, Studio Wildcard released a new trailer to showcase some of the new features that will be included in it.
This free new update is one of the largest to date, including four new creatures (ready for the fun of herding Giant Bees?), more sci-fi TEK structures and gear such as the Cloning Chamber, TEK Megalodon Saddle, TEK Grenades plus TEK Turrets, the arrival of the Ascension mechanic accessed via the ultra-dangerous new cave in the sweltering crater of the active volcano, two new hairstyles, tons of new gameplay music tracks, additional UI overhauls, full console-style gamepad functionality and more!
Here are the key features of this new patch:
- Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber – Spend some shards, get a clone, with the level, appearance and stats, of your favorite creatures
- Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle – Mount up! Now your prehistoric shark has a laser-firing saddle!
- Structure: Tek Turret – An enhanced Auto Turret with more damage and a better targeting AI. What more could you need?
- Weapon: Tek Grenade – Did someone say “sticky grenades”? Put ’em on your friends (or not!)
- TEK Cave & Volcano – The Volcano finally receives its long overdue, scorching redesign – and now leads to the entrance to the TEK Cave.
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full console-style gamepad functionality (i.e. same as console versions)
- Alpha Megalodon and APEX Loot for all Alpha creatures!