As we all know, some PC gamers were frustrated from the locked framerate of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Yes yes, the game runs at 60fps (which is fine by us) but still, some fans wanted a variable framerate. Well, thankfully, there is a way to unlock it and according to early reports, this won’t break the game’s physics.
In order to unlock the framerate, you’ll have to follow this guide (kudos to NeoGAF‘s member ‘Alo81’ for sharing).
Moreover, NeoGAF’s member ‘rhayader’ via which players can switch Big Boss’ Solid Snake costume from MGS1 with Quiet.
In order to do so, you’ll have to download this file and follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your “Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\” fodler
- Extract this archive in there, so you should see two new subfolders: “Assets” and “QAR Tool”
- Backup the file named chunk0.dat as it will be overriden
- Open the “QAR Tool” folder in a new window (by the way, QAR Tool is from http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12407&start=285)
- Drag and Drop “chunk0.dat” over “MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe” to extract the contents from chunk0.dat.
Now you should have a new subfolder named “chunk0” as well as a new file “chunk0.inf”
- Drag and drop the “Assets” folder from step 2 inside the new “chunk0” folder. It should ask you to merge folders and override one file, namely “plparts_mgs1.fpk”. Hit “yes” to everything
- Last step: Drag and drop “chunk0.inf” (INF, not .dat) over “MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe” to repack the contents. This will recreate a new chunk0.dat and should take around 1 minute
Have fun everyone!