The PC version of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is locked at either 30fps or 60fps. Thankfully, modders have figured out a way to unlock the game’s framerate, and below you can find out how. In addition, there is a way to increase the game’s Field of View thanks to the game’s Steam community.
Here is how you can increase the in-game FOV.
“1. Download my EZ tools folder: Click the down arrow at the top of the page.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztvqTicZaDONFl1ZVY4b0hRSkk/view?usp=sharing If you haven’t already.
2. Go to “/camera fixes/FOV FIX FILES”
3. Choose an fov that suits you.
4. Copy its contents over to “”Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes\data_02\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts”” and replace the files.
6) Repack Data_02. Enjoy FOV!”
Regarding the game’s framerate, Dirty Dan had this to say:
“So i noticed the line of code that changes in the settings file for the frame cap. the top is one set at 60 and the bottom is set at 30
HOLY sh*t!!! Deleting that line of code removes the frame cap!!!!
Be sure to make that file read only!”
Last but not least, PC gamers can disable the DoF that was enabled in Extra High settings. While there wasn’t any in-game option for such a thing, thanks to the modding tools players can disable it. All you have to do is follow this guide.
“After you unpack data_02
1. Download my EZ tools folder: Click the down arrow at the top of the page.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BztvqTicZaDONFl1ZVY4b0hRSkk/view?usp=sharing If you haven’t already.
2. Go to “/camera fixes/DOF fix files” “PLEASE READ THE READ ME.txt”
3. Copy and paste this “gr_init_dx11” to “Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes\data_02\Fox\Scripts\Gr” to get rid of DOF on extra high.
4. Repack Data_02. Enjoy DOF fix!
To return to normal, use the original in the folder above it.”
As a bonus, we added two videos showing Chico, Hideo Kojima and Skull Face replacing Big Boss (and even a video showing every character swapped to Big Boss’ model. Also thumbs up for replacing dogs with Skull Face).