The Open Beta phase for Marvel’s Avengers will begin later today on the PC. Moreover, Crystal Dynamic has pushed a new update that brings some improvements over its Closed Beta build.
According to the team, the Open Beta patch features several fixes that will solve or at least improve the severe stutters/lag and irregular performance that some PC gamers have been experiencing. Thus, it will be interesting to see whether the game will run better. Naturally, we’ll be sure to share our initial performance impressions once the Open Beta phase begins.
Additionally, this update packs multiple improvements and optimizations made to matchmaking. It also comes with a variety of fixes for crashes. Furthermore, it decreases the amount of motion blur during sprint and flight, and adds an option in Settings to adjust Camera Shake Sensitivity.
Naturally, Steam will download and apply this patch automatically to your game. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Marvel’s Avengers PC Open Beta Update Release Notes
- We have seen how some people struggled with severe stutters/lag and irregular performance and we have made several fixes that will solve or at least improve those.
- We’ve implemented a variety of fixes for crashes seen during last weekend. These include certain older systems not being able to launch at all, but also some that occurred rarely during gameplay.
- We will keep monitoring for other crashes and will release updates as we have them.
- Multiple improvements and optimizations made to matchmaking.
- Changed default settings to wide combat camera distance, heavy targeting assistance (for gamepad) and matchmaking disabled.
- Added an option in Settings to adjust Camera Shake Sensitivity.
- Decreased amount of motion blur during sprint and flight.
- We have made fixes for issues surrounding microphone handling and muting other players.
- We have addressed some graphical issues, for example when using SSSR while having TAA turned off.
- Additionally, we have solved issues with the Dynamic Screen Resolution feature, especially when it was combined with HBAO+.
- With those fixes we recommend turning on Dynamic Screen Resolution again (at your desired minimum frame-rate) to ensure you are able to stick to your desired frame-rate no matter how hectic the game gets.
- Improvements to vaulting.
- Decreased delay of loot drops.
- We have brought in some initial improvements to our support for ultra-wide and super-ultrawide screens, with us planning more for launch.
- Various other smaller fixes and improvements.