The Farm 51 has launched a Kickstarter campaign for its upcoming STALKER-inspired science-fiction survival horror game, Chernobylite. In addition, the team has also released the game’s story trailer that you can find below.
Chernobylite is described as a science-fiction, survival horror single-player experience, mixing free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling. As a player, you’ll have to survive and reveal the twisted secrets of Chernobyl in the 3D-scanned recreation of the real Exclusion Zone.
The Farm 51 aims to raise $100K in the next 29 days (it has already raised $21K) and it will give a playable demo to all of its backers, giving them the possibility of experiencing Chernobylite world in 1-2 hours of pre-alpha gameplay.
The game will be powered by Unreal Engine 4, will be using Photogrammetry, and here are its key features.
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers you meet in the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember – everybody has a hidden agenda. Always.
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats.
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling non-linear science-fiction horror story.
- Make good use of your character’s knowledge to craft your equipment, manage your supplies and arrange your stalker’s base.
- Investigate and collect data with sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.
- Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.