As I have previously mentioned few weeks ago, Intel released its first public DCH driver which unlocked the OEM restriction, apart from providing support for several PC games.
These drivers are meant to be played on INTEL’s integrated graphics/iGPU, without the need of a discrete or “dedicated” graphics card. So this means these gaming drivers are mostly meant for “casual” gamers, or those who can’t afford a discrete Video card. You can find the full list of supported PC Games under this link.
Now, a new version of the driver has been released, which is 188.8.131.5280. Full release notes can be found here. There are a lot of gamers who still game on “integrated/onboard graphics” these days.
These are also unlocked drivers, which basically means user of OEM systems can easily install these new set of drivers, without needing the approval and testing of the drivers by the Manufacturer. Users of notebooks and pre-built desktops can now download this latest driver from INTEL’s website.
In case you weren’t aware, several OEMs employ driver LOCKS on systems that prevent updates to the generic INTEL drivers. Previously, users couldn’t update to the latest version of Intel drivers, and they had to rely on the OEM to list an updated and compatible driver on its official support Page. OEMs usually lock you behind some approved drivers.
INTEL graphics Driver Version 184.108.40.20680 Release Notes
- 6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Skylake)
- 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake)
- 8th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Coffee Lake)
- 9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Coffee Lake-R)
- 10th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Ice Lake)
- Amber Lake
- Apollo Lake
- Gemini Lake
- Whiskey Lake
- Comet Lake
- Performance Optimizations for Minecraft Dungeons*, Darksiders Genesis*, Warcraft III: Reforged* on 10th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel® Iris Plus graphics.
- Halo 2: Anniversary* Multiplayer bug fix on 10th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel® Iris Plus graphics.
Minecraft Dungeons*, The Elder Scrolls Online – Greymoor*, Shadow Arena*, Maneater*, Halo 2: Anniversary*, Deep Rock Galactic*, verified playable on Intel® Iris® Plus graphics or better.
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection*, Valorant*, Disintegration* verified playable on Intel® UHD Graphics or better.
Unlocked drivers: We heard how much our users want the freedom to upgrade their systems to our regularly released generic graphics drivers and enable our latest game enhancements, feature updates, and fixes. As of this release, Intel Graphics DCH drivers are now unlocked to upgrade freely between Computer Manufacturer (OEM) drivers and the Intel generic graphics drivers on Download Center. Simply use the EXE and enjoy the update on your 6th Generation Intel Processor platform or higher, and don’t worry about your OEM customizations, they remain intact with each upgrade and the OEMs can maintain customizations separately via Microsoft* Windows Update. See the Release Notes section *2 for important information about this update.
Supported OS versions:
- Microsoft Windows® 10-64 – Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – November 2019 Update (1909)(19H2)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2020 Update (2004)(20H1)
CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE:
- Intel Graphics Driver
- Intel Audio Driver 10.26.0.9 (6th Gen and related Pentium Silver and Celeron processors)
- Intel Audio Driver 10.27.0.9 (7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Gen)
- Intel Audio Driver 220.127.116.11 (10th Gen with Iris Plus Graphics)
- Intel Media SDK Runtime (10.0.0.011)
- Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ Driver
- Intel Graphics Command Center
- Vulkan*3 Runtime Installer
- Intel Graphics Installer (1.7.107)
- OneAPI Level Zero Loader and Validation Layer
- Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OneAPI Level Zero specification
- Intermittent hang may be seen when playing Halo 2: Anniversary* Multiplayer, Star Control: Origins* on 10th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics.
- Intermittent crashes may be seen in BeamNG.drive*, Bright Memory* (DX12), Doom Eternal* (Vulkan) on 6th Generation Intel Core processors and higher.
- Screen may flicker for 1 to 3 seconds when resizing the Netflix video playback in Microsoft Edge browser on 10th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel UHD graphics.
- Metro Exodus* (DX12) may fail to launch on 7th Generation Intel Core processors or higher.
- Intermittent crashes may be seen in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint* (Vulkan), Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan) on 10th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics.
- Intermittent crashes may be seen in Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (DX12), The Surge 2* (Vulkan) on 7th Generation Intel Core processors or higher.
- Crash may be seen while launching Sony Catalyst Production Suite on 10th Generation Intel Core processors.
- Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege* (Vulkan), Battlefield V* (DX12).
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 4* may fail to launch on 10th Generation Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics.
- Self-installing format (.exe) is the easiest installation method and our recommendation.
- Manual installation format (.zip) is intended for developers and IT professionals.