Hello Games released a new trailer today revealing the first look at multiplayer gameplay in No Man’s Sky. The new mode will be added to the limitless procedural universe across all platforms next week via the No Man’s Sky NEXT update, coinciding with the game’s launch on Xbox One on July 27th, in a publishing partnership with 505 Games for physical retail. With this launch, players will be able to explore, fight and survive with friends as they voyage across the vast celestial sandbox. Catch a glimpse of all the all-new experience here.
In its new multiplayer mode, players will be able to team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online. Players can help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive. Players will also be able to build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team, fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies and race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
No Man’s Sky NEXT update also comes with the following features:
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge