Crytek has just released the first PC update for Crysis Remastered. According to the release notes, this first patch adds lean options to the game. Moreover, it fixes the annoying stuttering issues that occurred when Ray Tracing was active, and tweaks mouse sensitivity.
Additionally, this update improves the screen-space shadows, as well as the ghosting of objects in shaded areas while using Ray Tracing.
It’s also worth noting that this patch adds more trees to levels Sphere and Harbor. Furthermore, it adds new keybind options for weapons, a quick throw button for explosives, and Classic Nanosuit controller options.
In short, this first update fixes some of the issues we mentioned in our PC Performance Analysis. However, the game still uses the Denuvo anti-tamper tech, and there are still CPU optimization issues. There is also no word on whether Crytek has fixed the keyboard latency/lag issues when pressing crouch or jump.
As always, Epic Games Store will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Crysis Remastered PC Update 1.1.0 Release Notes
Added Features and Options
- Added option to lean into the game.
- Adjusted mouse sensitivity based on community feedback.
- Added more trees to level Sphere.
- Added more trees to level Harbor.
- Also added new keybind options for weapons.
- Added quick throw button for explosives.
- Added Classic Nanosuit controller options.
- Also added suit shortcuts to Classic Nanosuit mode.
- Fixed an issue where using Ray Tracing caused stutters and other performance issues.
- Improved SS shadow.
- Improved the ghosting of objects in shaded areas while using Ray Tracing.
- Added Warning box when switching to “Can It Run Crysis” graphic mode, warning players of its heavy performance costs.
- Improved Helena’s character model. (Reckoning – fleet)
- Fixed a bug where cloak mode was not reflected when using Ray Tracing.
- Fixed a bug where duplicated textures were loading for Ray Tracing.
- Also fixed an issue where HDR caused colors to look too bright, unnatural and artifacted during daylight levels.
- Fixed an issue where strings in the options were written with lower case characters in multiple languages.
- Fixed a visual bug where the metal beam stuck out into the stairs in Fleet level.
- Also fixed a bug where shadows were disappearing due to camera angles (Assault-harbor).
- Fixed noticeable shadow cascades (tank – Onslaught).
- Fixed KPA tank tracks geometry.
- Also fixed a bug where player could control the camera in the suit mode selection menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused Power-mode melee attacks to not drain energy when using the Classic Nanosuit mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused Speed-mode melee attacks to not drain energy when using the Classic Nanosuit mode.
- Also fixed a bug where Nomad only had half of his shadows during anti-gravity on Core
- Fixed a bug where distant shadows were disappearing due to camera angle (HW and Can it run Crysis Mode) (Onslaught-Tank).
- Fixed flickering issues visible on stairs (Fleet – Reckoning).
- Also fixed a bug where display refresh rate only read from Windows’ default display.
- Fixed a Crash during legal screens.
- Fixed a rare crash during cutscenes after starting new game.
- Also fixed a bug where the Armory pointer had low resolution (fleet – Reckoning).
- Fixed the visible ‘Replace Me’ textures on environment objects when “Textures Quality” is set to “low”.
- Fixed a bug where the menu became brighter when changing the game’s resolution.
- Added missing text on the Crysis Remastered Logo screen in Japanese language.
- Fixed a bug where the Image calibration picture did not reflect the color settings.
- Fixed a bug where the game’s window was always in focus.
- Added some missing stickers (fleet – Reckoning).
- Fixed a bug where an endless static sound could be heard until the very end of the game. (Fleet – Reckoning).
- Fixed an issue where Tanks stayed outside the village. (Recovery – Village).
- Also fixed a bug where the “Win” hotkeys did not work.
- Fixed an issue where the Parachutes were flickering in the pause menu (Contact – Island)
- Fixed an issue where SFX and music were lagging behind animations if player changed the active window during cutscenes.