Gearbox has released the first hotfix patch for Borderlands 3. This patch resolves a number of bugs, and brings a number of balance tweaks to the game.
As Gearbox noted, the game automatically applies a hotfix at the Main Menu when the game connects to the internet. Therefore, these hotfixes do not require the user to manually download them. Moreover, the game’s hotfixes aim to temporarily address issues between major updates.
Regarding the game’s performance issues, Gearbox had this to say.
“We are aware that the below list does not include issues that the community is immediately concerned with. We are hard at work evaluating performance problems and potential solutions for them.”
Now regarding this first hotfix, Gearbox has shared the following list of changes.
- Yellow paint has been added to the Marsh Fields to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Reduced sticky damage for torgue shotgun.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.