Madmind Studio has released the first patch for Agony. According to the release notes, this patch adds more checkpoints, changes the difficulty options, significantly buffs stamina, tweak swimming and reduces the amount of enemies in various scenes.
Moreover, this patch reduces the amount of skulls needed to solve Ishtar’s Room puzzle, changes the problematic sigils in Ice Caves into easier puzzles, the Ifrit soul apple is now gained faster, and the puzzle in this area got streamlined.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client (it’s 3.9GB in size) and below you can find its complete changelog.
Agony First Patch Release Notes
- The Maze of Madness puzzle is optional now.
- Amount of enemies in The Pit is reduced.
- Amount of skulls needed to solve Ishtar’s Room puzzle is reduced.
- Small tweaks for Dark Forest enemies encounters.
- Added Torch to Onoskelis Cave area.
- Amount of enemies in the Fractal Forest is reduced.
- Amount of enemies in the Mushroom Mind is reduced.
- Problematic sigils in Ice Caves are changed into easier puzzles.
- Added a checkpoint after the first scene in Chart Chase (You no longer need to rewatch the first scene)
- Painting in Chart Chase area changed place, so it’s more obvious where to look for it.
- Ifrit soul apple is now gained faster, and puzzle in this area got streamlined.
- Added a checkpoint in the last chapter just before meeting with the beast (you no longer need to walk long path again)
- Changed difficulty options – Easy Possession is now activated on both difficulties, and Checkpoint Destruction is off in both as well.
- Stamina got a big buff and a small rework while swimming.