Square Enix released today the highly anticipated patch for Final Fantasy XIV, As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness. As the press release reads, this update continues the main story, following the nation of Ishgard in the wake of the Warrior of Light’s return from Azys Lla.
This patch also offers exciting new gameplay content, including:
- Void Ark: The new 24-player alliance raid invites adventures to do battle on a haunted vessel while unraveling the mystery surrounding it
- Exploratory Missions: Embark on missions that task adventurers to explore far-off islands by way of airship and battle monsters in an open field, allowing them to unearth rare gear and items
- Lord of Verminion: A brand-new real-time strategy attraction at the Manderville Gold Saucer where players can use their minions to battle it out against other players, or take on challenges against boss minions
- Two high-level dungeons: Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum and Pharos Sirius (Hard)
- Vanu Vanu beast tribe quests offer insight into the lives of the Zundu tribe and feature a new “quest sync” system to offer rewards and challenges equivalent to the player level at which they are accepted
- The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign: Face off against Thordan and his twelve knights once more in this enhanced-difficulty version of the battle, offering players a greater challenge
- The ability to fly will be granted to a number of existing ground mounts, including Magitek armor
- New hairstyles, and much more.
The full Patch 3.1 notes can be found here.