Modder ‘snouz’ has released a new version of the amazing Final Fantasy IX fan remaster project, Moguri. Version 8.2 adds 170 backgrounds and can now display all of them in full when using widescreen resolutions. It also resolves micro-scrolling on 54 screens that are 8px larger than a 16/9 screen.
In addition, Final Fantasy IX Remaster Moguri Version 8.2 brings much better sound quality by default. It also fixes a number of visual inconsistencies, glitches & unfinished upscales.
It’s also worth noting that this latest version comes with a new launcher. Among other things, this launcher resolves some installation problems for assets files.
In order to celebrate the release of this new version, the modder has also released a new trailer that you can find below.
You can download Final Fantasy IX Remaster Moguri Version 8.2 via the link from the video description. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Final Fantasy IX Remaster Moguri Version 8.2 Release Notes
- Compatible with 2020-08-06 steam update
- Orchestral music correctly looped
- Endgame music debugged
- Crash at the end (airship video) fixed in most cases
- Videos sound re-synced and fixes
- Videos cutting too soon fixed
- A number of visual inconsistencies, glitches & unfinished upscales fixed
- Some installation problems for assets files (checksum error) fixed
- A set of bugfixes by Tirlititi (reflect sound…)
- Almost all backgrounds are displayed in full (about 170 added)
- No more micro-scrolling on 54 screens that are 8px larger than a 16/9 screen
- New launcher with all relevant options
- File structure change: everything is contained in folders inside the game directory
- Much better sound quality by default (44kHz)