Bethesda has released a new beta patch for Fallout 4. According to its changelog, this update features several bug fixes, as well as a new type of saved game, Exitsave.
Here is how you can access the beta patch for Fallout 4:
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library.
- Select Settings.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library.
And here is the complete changelog for the Fallout 4 beta update 1.6.
- ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
- New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
- Support for upcoming Add Ons
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing