Paradox Development has announced that the newest expansion pack for its hit empire-building game Europa Universalis IV has been released. As the press release reads, El Dorado lands with a nearly infinite array of new possibilities and alternate histories, and explorers can begin their voyage into uncharted territories on PC, Mac and Linux for $14.99.
With its focus on the empires of South and Central America, El Dorado includes three new major Native American faiths for the Aztec, the Maya and the Inca. Sacrifice vassal kings to stave off doomsday as the Aztecs or endure centuries of cyclical rise and fall as the Maya.
Here are the key features of Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado:
– Nation Designer
– Nahuatl religion for Aztecs
– Mayan religion for Yucatan natives
– Inti religion for Inca
– New exploration system
– Seven Cities of Gold quest for conquistadors
– Treasure fleets, and pirate missions to intercept them
– New limitations on and effects of vassal/subject nation loyalty
– Dozens of new events