Team17 has today launched a free update for its sandbox escape hit The Escapists 2 on PC. According to the press release, this new update adds in a much-requested fan feature, a Prison Map Editor.
The addition of the new Prison Editor allows players to design and create their own custom prisons to play. The editor is intuitive to use, enabling players to drag and drop elements and rooms into their prison. Players can construct cells, forge floors and manufacture maintenance rooms and more.
Finished prisons can then be shared through Steam Workshop. These custom maps can be played either solo or in both local and online multiplayer.
Furthermore, this latest update for The Escapists 2 comes with various performance improvements. It also fixes rendering issues on some resolutions with terrain graphics.
Here is the complete changelog for this latest patch for The Escapists 2:
- Made various performance improvements on PC, OSX and Linux
- Fixed an issue creating a softlock when players tab out of the game and plugs a controller in
- Fixed an issue preventing the Minimap from expanding when clicked on
- Fixed an issue preventing to unlock the “Artful Dodger” achievement when playing as a client in an Online Multiplayer session
- Fixed an issue preventing to unlock the “Good Intentions” achievement
- Fixed a graphic issue on Wicked Ward which caused display issues on the lower floors when viewed from the floor above
- Fixed an issue causing the bike fitness machine animation to play even when no one was on it
- Fixed an issue causing the prisoners’ head to pop out of kennels when trying to hide.
- Fixed an issue causing some UI elements to remain on screen when quitting during Solitary and reconnecting right after
- Fixed graphic issues occurring when collecting Cutlery while holding a Food Tray
- Fixed an issue whereby changing Play Modes when Roll Call starts blocks Inmates from entering Purple Doors
- Fixed rendering issues on some resolutions with terrain graphics
- Fixed an issue preventing clients from seeing the Lockdown lights
- … and various other fixes.
In order to celebrate this release, Team17 also released a new trailer for The Escapists 2′ Prison Map Editor. As always, Steam will download this new free content the next time you launch its client.