ESA has offered a first glimpse at what an all-virtual E3 will look like with details of the event’s online portal and app. The E3 2021 online portal and app will be a key hub for the duration of the show, with virtual “booths,” hosted events, video conferencing, profile and avatar creation, online forums and more.
The online portal will be the destination for all things E3. The portal will be accessible on Saturday, June 12, the first day of the E3 broadcast.
Stanley Pierre-Louis, President & CEO of the ESA, said:
“From the moment we decided to host E3 virtually, we’ve been focused on providing an interactive experience for fans around the globe that goes beyond the typical livestream. The result is a bespoke online portal and app that will allow fans, media and industry professionals to have an E3 experience designed to run parallel to the four-day broadcast, laying the foundation for interactive E3 elements to continue beyond this year’s all-virtual show.”
Registration for access to the online E3 portal will be free and begin later this month. Beginning on June 12, the public version of the online portal will give access to:
- Exhibitor Booths. Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
- Lounges. Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
- Forums. Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
- Leaderboards. Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
- Profile Creation. All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized
The online E3 2021 portal and app will also feature the E3 live broadcast, with interactive overlays powered by Hovercast. The graphics will be interactive across platforms, including viewer polls, featured tweets, and more. The broadcast will be hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller and feature major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams and special guest appearances.