Midgar Studio and Dear Villagers have announced that their JRPG, Edge of Eternity, enters its beta phase today. In order to celebrate this announcement, the teams have also released a brand new trailer that you can find below.
The Beta update marks a milestone of the Early Access during which the game expanded to over 40 hours of playtime with regular updates and now lets players explore around half of the full adventure.
Edge of Eternity promises to offer a unique experience, combining classic renewed features with innovative gameplay mechanics, set a part-heroic fantasy part-space opera atmosphere along with a rich and mature narration.
Beta Update Highlights
- New BattleCam for combat: You can switch between the current “tactical” and the new “cinematic/dynamic” camera
- New crafting system: gather recipes and materials to craft your own gear and items
- Reworked cutscenes: improved lighting, color and revamped the lip sync system
- New quests: dynamic events and spontaneous secondary quests
- Updated character designs: includes new details for the heroes and NPCs
- General polish and fixes